Friday 12 May 2017

Design of magazine


I used a conventional layout for my front cover. Just like most hip-hop magazine I planed to put my masthead at the top and it the biggest font on the page. This because the reader will instantly see the brand name and understand that it is a hip-hop magazine. I put my stripline under my cover photo since they are related, I used a large font so the reader can see it and wouldn’t mistaken it for anoth sub-heading. I did this because it might attract an audience and persuadethem to buy my magazine if their favourite hip-hop start is on the cover and the strapline informs them about the main story.

In my content page I plan to use to image on of the produce and one of the photographer because it is my chance to talk about what the producer and the photgrapher have been upto this week. I cose to do this since my customer might be interested in where the crew went for this week magazine. I put images on the content page because it would help to main the audience attention because text only could be boring meaning they could lose attention. Overal my content page will be there to help my audience to navigate through the magazine, in other words so they can find there favourite parts of the magazine.

Lastly my double page which has a similar design to billboard magazine. On one of the sides of my double spread I plan to use a image which will spread to the next page. I plan to split the put he interview into 3 colums which is conventional. I want to use a large heading that states the artists name which will encourage them to read on the magazine. On left side where the majority of my image is going to be I will put a quote since it is more like to be seen my the reader on that side as it will stand out next to the main image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment