Friday 12 May 2017

photographic commentary

Mise en scene and prop list

Cinematography:

I will use medium long shot for my cover page. I have chosen to use this because it give the audience a good view of what the fictional hip-hop artists. This is conventional to the hip-hop music genre because most hip-hop magazine show both the face and the clothes of the artists. In addition, I will use a medium long shot since it show the surrounding of the artists this conventional since it is where he shot his first music video. In my content page I will need to use a medium close up because I will need to showed the producers face and him holding his camera.   

Costume, makeup and hair:

In my first image I chose to use a buffer jacket with fur around the neck as my costume and white chinos because it is conventional for hip-hop artists to wear to wear thing that stand out from what normal people wear. This is because it is traditional for hip-hop artists to do thing that are unique compare to normal people. My hip-hop artist had an African textured hair, his hair was also long which is very conventional for hip-hop artists to have long hair. 

Body language and facial expression:

In my cover photo my fictional artists is looking down. This suggest that my hip-hop artists is thinking or depressed. This is good since I was trying to get my fictional hip-hop artists to look serious and these to emotions/ looks are conventional for hip-hop artists. Furthermore, the fictional character body language makes him look like he is hiding something or is nervous, this is because my fictional artist is knew in the music industry and could be symbolizing he is shy. This conventional for new artists usually get nervous from their fans.

Setting:

In my cover image I used a hill that had houses behind it, I have chosen this because it is supposed to be the home town of my fictional character. This is conventional hip-hop artists since they tend to go back to the place where they start their career because they mention it a lot in their lyrics.

Iconography:
Usually male hip-hop artists tend to show a negative affect and influence their young audience to not follow the rules. However, my first image has a less aggressive look meaning my fictional hip-hop artist has a more positive then usually hip-hop stars. This is unconventional and different to hip-hop but is like to attract a new audience since adults in their 30 tend to not associate with bad influence but see my magazine cover has the 

No comments:

Post a Comment